Revenue Cycle Team Lead
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 4076
Position Title: Revenue Cycle Lead
The Revenue Cycle Lead is responsible for supporting the organization's services with members, doctors and patients. This position serves as a team lead for the Revenue Cycle staff, providing guidance and assistance with daily work activities. The Revenue cycle Lead is also responsible for working on special projects as assigned and assisting the Revenue Cycle Manager as needed.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides customer service by answering, researching and reconciliating telephone and written inquiries from customers. Resolves more complex revenue cycle inquiries by using computer reports, mathematical computation, and invoice lookup.
- Serve as a resource and support to Revenue Cycle staff and assists Manager with the organization of monthly department activities and meetings.
- Provides one-on-one coaching with Revenue Cycle staff for training and quality improvement purposes
- Protects and maintains confidential patient information
- Accurately uses computer software used by DentaQuest including propriety software, Dental programs and Microsoft office products
- Complete special projects or other tasks as needed
- Provides support with escalated calls from Revenue Cycle staff as needed.
- Assists Revenue Cycle Manager in pulling necessary reports for analysis of patient ledger information
- Reviews, corrects, and transfers patient balances from the practice management software of newly acquired dental practices
- Trains staff and clients on credit and collections services and processes
- Other duties as needed or required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 5 years related experience in revenue cycle functions
- Experience answering a high-volume multi-line phone system
- Experience scheduling appointments
- Computer proficiency in a variety of Windows applications
- Attention to detail – must be accurate.
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to independently analyze problems and implement solutions
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Required to attend additional training as required/deemed necessary
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a dental/medical insurance setting
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity such as bending, squatting, walking and sitting is required in carrying out the position responsibilities
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment
Community / Marketing Title: Revenue Cycle Team Lead
We believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Company Profile Job:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nashville, Tennessee US
CountryEEOText_Description: In accordance with our Compliance Plan, employees must conduct business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or Compliance Officer. Our Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or sexual orientation.