Account Receivable & Billing Coordinator (Remote - Boston Preferred)
Location: United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 4012
Position Title: Account Receivable & Billing Coordinator
The Accounts Receivable & Billing Coordinator is responsible for the timely and accurate processing of invoicing, payment and collection activities ensuring Financial accuracy. Provides excellent customer service to both internal and external clients for all inquiries and/or escalations. Recommends, initiates/coordinates revisions and improvements to AR, collection and billing processes.
Primary Job Responsibilities
• Responsible for the timely production of all Invoicing & Payment activity reconciling back to the financial transactions to ensure accuracy. Meets all required deadlines, following standard process and policies, and coordinating with other resources as needed.
• Maintains specific billing processes by overseeing Pulled Bill List, pulling all critical bills for the purpose of review, analyzing and entering appropriate adjustment and bill as required.
• Resolve complex Billing inquiries by using various reporting tools and provide accurate analysis to support resolution in a timely manner.
• Identifies any financial adjustments required for an invoice or payment revision due to current or retro activity on rates and/or membership issues.
• Performs the Accounts Receivable/Collections process by maintaining appropriate levels of control to ensure cash collections are conducted in a timely fashion, including the issuing of financial letters at multiple stages of the collection process, developing a systematic approach to contact and review account in a timely fashion, and performing research and analysis on delinquent accounts.
• Conducts analysis of monthly aging detail and provides explanation of month to month variances and collaborates with Cash Management to identify and resolve cash variances.
• Manages relationships and processes the appropriate transactions with outside Collection Agency and oversees the bad debt/collection process thru, ensuring all paperwork and due diligence is in order prior to submission.
• Resolves issues that arise from delinquent accounts by researching complex collection inquiries and reconciliations utilizing reports generated by various information systems including Oracle, Claims Management and Reporting systems.
• Provides excellent customer service for internal or external inquiries by ensuring prompt and accurate responses to all requests, whether a simple lookup or a more complex account reconciliation.
• Participates on New Group/Client internal and external meetings, providing instructions for all Clients on the payment and billing processes.
• Provides consistent communications with multiple internal organizations such as Accounting, FP&A and SALES to communicate financial results, impacts and/or specific client issues.
• Meets with management monthly to review outstanding balances and provides detailed explanations on issues/statuses.
• Other duties as needed or required.
• Associate degree or equivalent formal training plus 2+ years related experience.
• 2+ year’s business experience.
• PC Skills including Microsoft Excel/Word and Oracle.
• Attention to detail - must be accurate.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills.
• Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
• Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
• Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal compute).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. **
DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
Community / Marketing Title: Account Receivable & Billing Coordinator (Remote - Boston Preferred)
We believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Company Profile Job:
Location_formattedLocationLong: Remote, Connecticut US
CountryEEOText_Description: In accordance with our Compliance Plan, employees must conduct business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or Compliance Officer. Our Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or sexual orientation.