Science Writer (remote)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3969
Position Title: Science Writer - CareQuest
The Science Writer is part of the Analytics and Evaluation team and is responsible for writing, editing, and coordinating the production of publications (reports, white papers, and scientific journal articles), posters, and other presentations for the CareQuest Institute for Oral Health. The Science Writer serves a liaison with Marketing, Communications and Public Relations to ensure maximum visibility of the organization’s work. In addition, the Science Writer will work closely with other teams and functional areas to proactively identify content that can be used for development.
**INCLUDE A WRITING SAMPLE (MUST BE THE PRIMARY AUTHOR) WITH YOUR APPLICATION.**
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of the Director, plan, develop, and implement science writing activities that elevate oral health, showcase CareQuest Institute’s programs and grant-making, and position the organization as a leading voice.
- Write and edit self-published research reports, scholarly manuscripts for medical/dental journals, presentations, and other stakeholder-facing materials.
- Assist the team in planning and executing on research, analysis and evaluation.
- Assure that all deliverables are created in accordance with the organization’s style guide
- Work with colleagues to understand the nature of the scientific work that is being undertaken. This includes conducting strategic scientific literature searches on databases such as PubMed, Google Scholar and others; manage End Note databases; and conduct scoping reviews or systematic reviews as appropriate
- Provide strategic and tactical communications consulting, partnering with CareQuest Institute leaders on internal and external facing communication to build out thoughtful plans to support their initiatives.
- Collaborate with CareQuest Institute Marketing team to ensure understanding and alignment with branding guidelines and activities.
- Coordinate and plan all aspects of scientific publications, presentations and expert.
- Review and analyze data to measure effectiveness, impact and engagement of scientific writing programs.
- Develop and maintain a strategic awareness of the competitive landscape and conversations in our research focus areas
- Provide strategic counsel regarding current science writing platforms and recommend new science writing practices.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Master’s Degree or higher degree in a relevant scientific or communications discipline (or related field) or equivalent, relevant work experience.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in journalism, communications, or science writing.
- A portfolio of written material and other digital and/or multimedia content, including materials created for external publication or release
- Ability to work with highly technical information and communicate in a clear and concise manner with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of English grammar with a familiarity with a standard style guide
- Familiarity with the principles of clinical research
- Ability to interpret and present clinical data and other complex information
- Well-organized and superior organizational, written and oral communication skills, particularly presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient with general computer software including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make good judgment conclusions based on data available with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Experience with project management.
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- Experience in oral health research and publication
- PhD or equivalent
- Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting or remote equivalent.
- Ability to effectively operate computer equipment.
- Work schedule may vary and is determined by project schedules.
- Ability to travel as projects dictate.
- Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment.
- Ability to communicate via telephone and work in virtual teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
Community / Marketing Title: Science Writer (remote)
We believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Company Profile Job:
The CareQuest Institute for Oral Health is a nonprofit industry leader passionate and committed to revolutionizing oral health by implementing meaningful change strategies to create an effective and equitable system that results in improved health and well-being of all. We’re a purpose-driven oral health organization working to transform the industry by redefining prevention and care. Our efforts extend beyond the dental chair, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it. Together, we are transforming the oral health system – the way we provide care and pay for it, how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities, the investments we make to improve the experience and the changes for which we advocate to advance health equity.
The intended impact of the CareQuest Institute is to enable underserved populations in the US—particularly those who are uninsured, on Medicaid or Medicare, and/or those without access to care—to experience improved oral health outcomes through a more equitable, accessible, and integrated oral health care system.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: In accordance with our Compliance Plan, employees must conduct business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or Compliance Officer. Our Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or sexual orientation.