Delta Dental Underwriter
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3963
Position Title: Underwriter III
Provides various forms of statistical, trend, financial, and other analysis of Delta Dental of MA current and prospective accounts. Independently supports and manages a defined territory of accounts and prospects to include pricing, contracts, and underwriting guidelines ensuring competitiveness, legal and regulatory compliance.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- • Support financial objectives by pricing and monitoring all rates for accounts and prospects and provider reimbursement mechanisms for all products and networks. Underwrite and provide analysis for large and special account pricing.
- • Supports sales team by providing account executives with account retention strategies and pre and post sale strategies to include rate justification and recommendation of product and financial alternatives. Assists sales and account executives in preparing and presenting proposals to account, prospects, brokers and clients.
- • Keeps organization up-to-date by consulting and educating sales and account executives, accounts, prospects, brokers and consultants on the company’s products and financial alternatives.
- • Supports corporate growth and accuracy initiatives by providing account claim and profitability analysis and review through the use of data, decision support tools and analysis.
- • Identify and price unique account service requests to ensure sufficient administrative fees.
- • Acts as an undewriting subject matter expert and is a primary resource for underwriting information, data, analysis, and reports for sales and other departments. Knowledgable resource for team members on undewriting policies, applications, rating models, processes and strategies.
- • Support the overall strategy and direction of the organization through leadership and execution of initiatives and projects.
- • Supports data gathering for submission of annual product filings to the Division of Insurance and accurate external reporting to consultants and DDPA.
- • Perform detailed member, claim, network and product analysis for client specific and book of business requests using various applications, ad-hoc queries and reports.
- • Other duties as assigned.
- • Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience in Healthcare financing.
- • 7 years experience in similar or related capacity.
- • Must possess superior oral and written communications skills to explain difficult technical concepts to clients, consultants, ans sales staff.
- • Strong negotiation and conflict management skills.
- • Utilize highly multifaceted mathematical models to develop major account renewals, project future account performance, and propose alternative programs and/or financial arrangements.
- • Highly organized, ability to track multiple projects and processes simultaneously.
- • Creative problem solving abilities required
- • Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- • Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- • Manual dexterity and sitting are required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of a personal computer).
- • Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- • Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment..
Community / Marketing Title: Delta Dental Underwriter
We believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Company Profile Job:
Not sure what I need to submit in this section.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: In accordance with our Compliance Plan, employees must conduct business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or Compliance Officer. Our Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or sexual orientation.