Associate General Counsel (remote)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3855
Position Title: Associate General Counsel - CareQuest
The Associate General Counsel is a member of the CareQuest Institute Law Department, works collaboratively with team members of CareQuest Institute and reports directly to the EVP, Chief Legal Officer. This position provides a broad range of legal services for CareQuest Institute and its affiliates (the “Company”), with a focus on supporting CareQuest Institute’s not for profit activities.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Associate General Counsel has direct primary responsibility for one or more of the following activities:
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of contracts, which may include: license agreements; data use and sharing agreements, vendor agreements; consulting agreements, NDAs, affiliation agreements, partnership agreements.
- Conduct legal reviews and approval of publications, marketing material, and press releases
- Advise and provide counsel on data privacy, HIPAA, and Information Security requirements
- Support the governance function for multiple corporate entities, including new entity formation and registration; drafting governing documents, resolutions and consents; overseeing corporate recordkeeping.
- Track and coordinate corporate and regulatory filings, as necessary, and work with other departments to ensure timely filings.
- Legal support for other key functions, including Marketing, Human Resources, IT, Operations, and Finance
- Provide guidance and management of contract process.
- Assist Chief Legal Officer and other team members with due diligence and transactional matters.
- Assist with Government Relations and review and comment on legislative issues, as requested
- Support other CareQuest Institute and subsidiaries as requested
- Other duties as needed or required.
- J.D from an accredited United States law school.
- Must be a member of MA Bar or state with reciprocity.
- 4 or more years of legal experience in a law firm or in-house setting.
- Able to assume a high level of individual responsibility, to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, and to work collaboratively with both legal and non-legal colleagues
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to think critically
- Proficiency in MS Office, excellent legal research skills, experience with Westlaw and LexisNexis.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- Experience with Intellectual Property issues, technology transfer and licensing agreements.
- Familiarity with non-profit requirements.
- Familiarity with HIPAA and privacy laws.
- Extensive experience drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts, including with government partners.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal compute).
- Ability to travel or move about, within, and outside facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
Community / Marketing Title: Associate General Counsel (remote)
We believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Company Profile Job:
CareQuest Institute for Oral Health is a national nonprofit championing a more equitable future where every person can reach their full potential through excellent health. We operate as a catalyst for systems change bringing forth ideas and solutions to create a more equitable, accessible, and integrated health system for everyone. We do this through our work in grantmaking, research, health improvement programs, policy and advocacy and education as well as our leadership in dental benefits, care delivery and innovation advancements. But we don’t do it alone. Collaboration and partnership are key to achieving our mission — to improve the oral health of all. We collaborate with thought leaders, health care providers, patients, and local, state and federal stakeholders, to accelerate oral health care transformation and create a system designed for everyone.
Our current health care system is not built to work for everyone. People of color, those living in rural communities, people with disabilities, older adults and other historically marginalized groups have been left out. To achieve better health for all, we must work together to create a system that is designed for all.
As people with purpose, we solve problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve. The organization is in the process of improving its operational capabilities and expanding its programs and staff to most effectively manage its vast portfolio and to uniquely tackle the “wicked problem” of oral health care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: In accordance with our Compliance Plan, employees must conduct business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or Compliance Officer. Our Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or sexual orientation.