Research Analyst (Remote)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3429
Position Title: Research Analyst - CareQuest
The Research Analyst is responsible for analyzing internal and external data sources to transform the data and information into knowledge about effective and efficient care and how that knowledge can be used to improve the care system and better inform policy and financing of care.
The Research Analyst will support efforts to measure, analyze, and report on trends within the oral health care system as well as analyze program data. They will work with cross functional teams to analyze and report on claims data, provider utilization, reimbursements, quality improvement data, etc.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Perform ongoing analysis of oral health programs and related issues to identify key driver to achieving better outcomes, better patient experience, and lower per capita costs.
- Develop and routinely process reports that effectively gauge trends and drivers within oral health systems.
- Partner with external research teams to analyze performance, quality and cost metrics for oral health systems.
- Support the Manager, Data & Impact to implement a plan that informs policy, benefit design, and validates quality and cost performance measures for dentistry.
- Coordinate internal and external research partners to ensure alignment of data analysis work for Institute initiatives.
- Provide support and data analysis for communicating and publishing findings using a variety of mechanisms, including: white papers, self-published reports, peer-reviewed journals, abstracts, conference posters/presentations and webinars.
- Develop outcome measures, data dictionaries and measurement plans for related program work.
- Ensure the appropriate use of analytical tools so that analysis and reporting is accurate and consistent with the underlying data.
- Provide recommendations on Partnership policies, objectives, and initiatives. Evaluate and suggest changes as necessary to optimize processes and efficiencies.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, Information Systems, Business, Healthcare Administration (or related field) or equivalent relevant work experience.
- Minimum 2 years of successful experience in analytics and reporting.
- Minimum 2 years of experience with querying and analyzing data from various EDR or EHR sources including data warehouses, flat-file exports, HL7 interfaces or EHR vendor APIs is required. sources
- Working knowledge of HIPAA data security requirements.
- Expertise with SAS, R or similar statistical analysis tools.
- Experience performing data validation on complex datasets.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot production data pipelines.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; ability to document and explain schema elements, overall architecture, and system-approach to varying levels of staff.
- Well-organized and superior organizational, written and oral communication skills, particularly presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proficient with general computer software including Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Ability to make good judgment conclusions based on data available with minimal supervision.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- Additional experience using data analytics and/or report development tools like PowerBI, Tableau is desirable, but not required.
- Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting or remote environment.
- Ability to effectively operate computer equipment.
- Work schedule may vary and is determined by project schedules.
- Ability to travel as projects dictate.
- Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment.
- Ability to communicate via telephone and work in virtual teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with Catalyst Institute’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct Catalyst business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or Compliance Officer. **
Catalyst Institute, Inc. Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
Community / Marketing Title: Research Analyst (Remote)
We believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Company Profile Job:
CareQuest Institute for Oral Health is a national nonprofit championing a more equitable future where every person can reach their full potential through excellent health. We operate as a catalyst for systems change bringing forth ideas and solutions to create a more equitable, accessible, and integrated health system for everyone. We do this through our work in grantmaking, research, health improvement programs, policy and advocacy and education as well as our leadership in dental benefits, care delivery and innovation advancements. But we don’t do it alone. Collaboration and partnership are key to achieving our mission — to improve the oral health of all. We collaborate with thought leaders, health care providers, patients, and local, state and federal stakeholders, to accelerate oral health care transformation and create a system designed for everyone.
Our current health care system is not built to work for everyone. People of color, those living in rural communities, people with disabilities, older adults and other historically marginalized groups have been left out. To achieve better health for all, we must work together to create a system that is designed for all.
As people with purpose, we solve problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve. The organization is in the process of improving its operational capabilities and expanding its programs and staff to most effectively manage its vast portfolio and to uniquely tackle the “wicked problem” of oral health care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: In accordance with our Compliance Plan, employees must conduct business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or Compliance Officer. Our Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or sexual orientation.