Database Developer (Remote)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3427
Position Title: Database Developer - CareQuest
Lead activities in the setup & configuration of database and reporting templates, including design, development, implementation, and maintenance and design. Develop and implement of standard operating procedures associated with database development in line with organizational goals. Perform routine and ad hoc data extractions, create and deliver reports in a timely manner, and other analysis summaries as requested. Additional responsibilities include delivering routine information/data and assisting in the preparation & configuration of database applications.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Setup and configure database of dental and medical claims, practice management systems, electronic health records data, and other structured and unstructured health data.
- Develop and implement standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with licensing, legal, and ethical requirements
- Process and analyze extracts of data from practice management system such as Dentrix, EagleSoft, Curve Dental, EPIC, Ace Dental
- Perform routine and ad hoc operational data maintenance and updating functions
- Prepare routine and ad hoc data extractions, reports, and analysis summaries
- Test software for acceptance to the user environment
- Assist in the setup & configuration of database applications for various projects
- Research and design Electronic Data Interchange processes
- Serve as technical resource for all department staff
- Lead technical implementation projects
- Develop and maintain database and dashboard applications for monitoring measures by Catalyst staff.
- Handle technical application development projects as assigned
- Perform new and existing set-up and maintenance processes
- Assist with departmental projects.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related information technology field
- 3-5 years prior related technical and business experience required
- 3-5 years of experience with SQL programming
- Experience with medical or dental claims data, electronic health records, and/or dental practice management software preferred
- Proficiency in the following technical concepts necessary
- Knowledge of general computer software. (Excel, MS Word, E-mail)
- Advanced features of MS Access, Word and Excel.
- Reporting software/architecture (Reporting Services, etc.)
- Relational Database concept knowledge (SQL Server preferred)
- Knowledge of one or more data science languages/programs (Python or R preferred)
- General knowledge of object-oriented tools desirable
- Exposure to .NET programming and .NET technologies
- Experience using data analytics and/or report development tools like PowerBI, Tableau is preferred
- Experience with project management is plus
- The following skills and abilities required:
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication/process documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Ability to remain organized with multiple interruptions
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting or remote environment.
- Work schedule may vary and is determined by project schedules.
- Ability to travel as projects dictate.
- Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment.
- Ability to communicate via telephone and work in virtual teams.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with Catalyst Institute’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct Catalyst business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or Compliance Officer. **
Catalyst Institute, Inc. Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
Community / Marketing Title: Database Developer (Remote)
We believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Company Profile Job:
CareQuest Institute for Oral Health is a national nonprofit championing a more equitable future where every person can reach their full potential through excellent health. We operate as a catalyst for systems change bringing forth ideas and solutions to create a more equitable, accessible, and integrated health system for everyone. We do this through our work in grantmaking, research, health improvement programs, policy and advocacy and education as well as our leadership in dental benefits, care delivery and innovation advancements. But we don’t do it alone. Collaboration and partnership are key to achieving our mission — to improve the oral health of all. We collaborate with thought leaders, health care providers, patients, and local, state and federal stakeholders, to accelerate oral health care transformation and create a system designed for everyone.
Our current health care system is not built to work for everyone. People of color, those living in rural communities, people with disabilities, older adults and other historically marginalized groups have been left out. To achieve better health for all, we must work together to create a system that is designed for all.
As people with purpose, we solve problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve. The organization is in the process of improving its operational capabilities and expanding its programs and staff to most effectively manage its vast portfolio and to uniquely tackle the “wicked problem” of oral health care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: In accordance with our Compliance Plan, employees must conduct business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or Compliance Officer. Our Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program. Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: We are committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or sexual orientation.