Senior Underwriter - (REMOTE)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3208
Position Title: Underwriter, Senior
The incumbent provides various forms of statistical, trend and other analysis of DentaQuest Ventures financial performance. Primary duties are to independently manage and maintain profitability of corporate accounts, including renewal and new business pricing. Provide assistance in making day-to-day pricing decisions and act as a resource and support to the Underwriting Department.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures competitiveness, legal and regulatory compliance by underwriting current and prospective Corporate Accounts to include pricing, contracts and underwriting guidelines.
- Approve extra contractual claim payments.
- Underwriting, UCL, and pricing projections.
- Support Underwriting Manager objectives by independently gathering, analyzing and reporting monthly Ultimate Claim and Ultimate Refund liabilities.
- Work with the Information Analyst in gathering, analyzing and monitoring providers for inflation and utilization trend to ensure adequate pricing methodology.
- Meet financial objectives by calculating year end claim and refund liabilities pertinent to year-end audit and financial reporting.
- Act as a liaison to our actuarial consultants in developing and maintaining rating formulas for new and existing accounts.
- Monitor profitability by product and market segments.
- Research factors affecting profitability and recommend necessary action.
- Keeps organization up-to-date by consulting and educating sales and account executives, major accounts, major prospects, brokers and consultants on the company’s products and financial alternatives.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Four year college degree or equivalent work experience in Healthcare financing.
- Seven years underwriting or employee benefit consulting experience.
- Must possess superior oral and written communication skills to explain difficult technical concepts to clients, consultants, and sales staff.
- Must have extensive experience in negotiating prices with customers and consultants as well as attending customer presentations.
- Utilize highly multifaceted mathematical models to develop major account renewals, projects, future account performance, and propose alternative programs and/or financial arrangements. Highly organized, ability to track multiple projects and processes simultaneously. Creative problem solving abilities required. A highly self-starter is desired. PC computing skills including but not limited to Excel and other Microsoft office products. Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively. Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.) Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer). Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required. Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Underwriter - (REMOTE)
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Remote, Connecticut US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.