Accounts Receivable Team Lead
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 3180
Position Title: Accounts Receivable Team Lead
Daily oversight of the tasks and workflows of the AR & Billing team responsible for the Invoicing, Payment and Collection processing to ensure they are completed within policy and deadlines accordingly. Working with Management, recommend and implement new workflows & process improvements across the team. Represent the AR and Billing Department as the SME on all new business initiatives, acquisition migrations, and general projects.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Ensures satisfaction of internal and external customers by coordinating day-to-day direction and prioritization for account receivable, collection and billing operation staff. Works with team in the areas of production, quality, interpersonal and organizational skills and assuring that staff members understand department standards and quality procedures.
- Trains and orients new and existing team members on processes and controls.
- Interacts with various departments in the organization to manage client account issues that arise. This includes researching and resolving complex account inquiries using available internal systems and interdepartmental resources.
- Identifies, reviews, and makes recommendations to resolve work flow issues to maximize productivity and ensure appropriate controls are in place.
- Participates on New Client internal and external meetings, identifies appropriate bank account information and instructs Clients on the payment process.
- Responsible for the timely production of all Invoicing and Payment transactions, ensuring financial accuracy to the general ledger. Recommends, initiates and coordinates revisions and adjustments to identified issues for current or retro activity related to rate and/or membership.
- Primary point of escalation to resolve more complex Billing or AR inquiries and reconciliations through various system and manual tracking procedures.
- Provide day to day work direction for AR and Billing staff. Works with team in the areas of production, quality, interpersonal and organizational skills and assuring that staff members understand department standards and quality procedures. Assist in setting and monitoring standards for the department. Serve as a resource and support to other AR and Billing Team Members.
- Primary SME support to all system testing, new workflows, business initiatives, migrations, and/or internal projects.
- Serves as a resource and support to the Manager of AR & Billing by advising of performance concerns, assistance with escalations, and monthly department metrics and tracking.
- Maintain effective communications by notifying management of all critical issues and communicating to Sales and Management on a timely basis regarding any AR and/or Billing issue that needs management’s attention.
- Provide consistent communications and build key business relationships with multiple internal organizations such as Accounting, FP&A and SALES to communicate financial results, impacts and/or specific client issues.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Associate degree or equivalent formal training plus 5+ years related experience.
- 5+ year’s business experience.
- PC Skills including Microsoft Excel/Word and Oracle.
- Attention to detail - must be accurate.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to independently analyze problems and implement solutions.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting are required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
- Travel and participation to offsite clients as needed.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. **
DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Receivable Team Lead
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.