Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Greater Boston Based Candidates Preferred)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3157
Position Title: Supervisor, Accounts Receivable
Support the business goals and objectives of the Accounts Receivable Team, which includes supervising daily operations to provide accurate and efficient services for cash, collections, reporting, and related operations services.
The position performs supervisory duties of staff members ensuring individual objectives, training plans, as well as corporate service level goals are met. Duties include, but are not limited to, acting as coach/mentor to staff members in the areas of production and quality, maintaining relations among staff members and other departments and determining appropriate staffing and optimal utilization of resources in accordance with targeted metrics.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Interacts with various departments in the organization by assisting in problem solving issues that arise and/or impacts Accounts Receivable. This includes researching and resolving complex payment and collections inquiries using system tools, analysis reporting and interdepartmental resources as needed.
• Act as primary escalation contact and interface for production, problem solving issues, and quality issues by effectively communicating with internal and external customers to ensure satisfaction.
• Reviews and assists in the development of policies and procedures and workflows for improvements to quality and productivity.
• Ensures payments are processed according to procedure and timeframes
• Ensures timely and accurate collection processing and recovery of receivables
• Participates in all new system or business implementations, enhancements and/or processes as the business SME to ensure financial impacts are identified, evaluated and addressed within each initiative/project.
• Provides AR Aging reporting, analysis, and trending information to management
• Ensures satisfaction of internal and external customers by supervising day-to-day Receivables operations. This includes working with individual staff members by assisting them with their work plans, performance goals and appraisals, day-to-day work schedules and organization of monthly department activities.
• Supports departmental growth and development by recruiting, selecting, hiring, training, developing, and retention of staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associates degree in Business or equivalent accounting / finance experience.
• 5+ years of experience including complex accounting/AR reconciliations and banking relationships
• Understanding of Billing / Enrollment and Payment procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to independently analyze problems and implement solutions.
• Advanced with Spreadsheets / Excel, knowledge and experience with complex pivot tables and vlookup/comparisons for analysis purposes
• Frequent use of computer.
• Ability to sit at computer terminal for extended periods of time.
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Receivable Supervisor (Greater Boston Based Candidates Preferred)
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.