Accounts Receivable Collections Coordinator (Remote)
Location: United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3156
Position Title: Accounts Receivable & Collections Coordinator
Under limited supervision, assists in the Accounts Receivable/Collections process by maintaining appropriate levels of control to ensure cash collection and application are conducted in a timely fashion.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists the Accounts Receivable/Collections process by maintaining appropriate levels of control to ensure cash collection are conducted in a timely fashion.
- This includes issuing financial letters at multiple stages of the collection process, developing a systematic approach to contacting and reviewing accounts in a timely fashion as well as performing research and analysis on delinquent accounts.
- Assists in the problem solving of issues that arise from delinquent accounts by interacting with various departments in the organization, including researching and resolving complex collection inquiries using computer reports, computerized accounting system (Oracle), Claims System (Windward) and interdepartmental resources, etc.
- Supports Accounts Receivable activity by reviewing and monitoring all accounts and maintaining appropriate controls to ensure accuracy of information.
- This includes analysis of monthly aging detail and explanation of monthly variances.
- Also provides detailed explanation of outstanding balances as requested.
- Posts Cash and debit/credit adjustments to customer accounts in Oracle Ensure accuracy of cash applications to the correct accounts by working closely with the AR Collections Specialist and/or performing the cash receipt transactions directly ensuring high level of accuracy and maintenance of clients AR aging.
- Handle specific monthly activity by preparing spreadsheets of write-offs and adjustments for approval by Management.
- Manage the relationship and process the appropriate transactions with outside Collection Agency and oversee the bad debt/collection process thru put ensuring all paperwork and due diligence is in order prior to submission.
- Ensure consistency of information that is communicated to customers by acting as a liaison between billing, sales, finance, legal and other departments.
- Support Finance initiatives by working on special projects and reporting/analysis on system transactions and interfaces as assigned.
- Train new AR employees as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate in Business or related accounting /finance experience.
- 5 years’ experience in receivables/collections required.
- Understanding of the collection and bad debt procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proven data entry skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong PC Skills, i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication/interpersonal skills.
- Ability to independently analyze problems and implement solutions.
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Receivable Collections Coordinator (Remote)
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Remote, Connecticut US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.