Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3081
Position Title: Application Developer
The Application Developer improves and implements technical solutions. This role leverages technical expertise in database applications, ETL processes, and automation in support of internal and external customer’s data exchange and integration needs.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and develop complex data extracts, applications, and ad-hoc queries as requested by internal and external customers using SQL, SSIS and TFS (or other equivalent code management system)
- Maintain the production Business Intelligence products and solutions, including resolving production issues and responding quickly to priority problems
- Research, troubleshoot, and resolve data issues impacting extract
- Work closely with team members and business stakeholders to understand requirements regarding solutions; ensure data quality and match-back to core systems transaction
- Collaborate on the definition, development, and maintenance of standards and
- Drive continuous improvement and automation in BI solutions and
- Support DentaQuest goals and objectives by working closely with management team to deliver value to the business.
- Other duties as needed or
- BS degree in Business, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or related field (or equivalent experience)
- 2 years as a Developer, Data Analyst, or equivalent implementing technical solutions (extracts, middleware, stored procedures, EDI, ETL packages)
- Experience with SQL Server or Oracle (Transactional database), Transact SQL and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), C#, XML
- Expert knowledge of relational database applications and data query protocols (SQL Server, Structured Query Language
- Demonstrated ability to drive to deadlines, balancing multiple priorities, and ensuring quality standards.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and innovative thinking
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary
Nice to Have:
- Managed file transfer automation experience: FTP, SFTP, PGP
- Desired experience with encounters or claims, business analysis experience in healthcare, preferably managed care or
- Desired knowledge of dental or medical insurance claims processing including:
- Hands on experience with HIPAA X12 EDI transaction formats including: 837, 835, 277, 997, 999, 834
- Familiarity with appropriate handling of PHI data
- Incumbent must be able to communicate
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting are required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office
Community / Marketing Title: Integrations Developer
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.