Innovation Manager (Remote)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3076
Position Title: Innovation Manager
Support the Director, Business Innovation in driving strategic thinking, near-in and adjacent innovation activities, sales and retention activities, and positive culture change across the enterprise to solve challenges for core business clients, support disruptive new business models, advance systems change through business innovation, and elevate the DentaQuest and Delta Dental of Massachusetts brands.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure to interpret business strategy and determine innovation solutions supporting strategy implementation.
• Manage new product development through the development cycle including idea generation; prioritization; concept development and testing; formulation of marketing strategies; business/financial analysis; market testing and product launch.
• Identify and assess the needs of specific market segments and synthesize customer needs into a product description with clear customer requirements for each product.
• Partner with internal team members to analyze industry trends, customer needs, competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performances; Assess gap of future state and existing capabilities against market needs. define and document business requirements and processes.
• Design, research, develop, analyze and recommend new market concepts as well as strategies for mission and business value, build and pilot high-value concepts with real customers, and lead integration of proven ideas into the enterprise portfolio of products/services to deliver value-added, innovative products to customers.
• Identify inter/intra product or program dependencies and take actions to reduce risk and ensure synergies.
• Participate in activities related to client acquisition and retention for the benefits business to help differentiate government and commercial business by positioning and, as relevant, deploying innovations for clients.
• Lead in matrixed environment to ensure buy-in and support from key stakeholders.
• Attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
• Other duties as needed or required.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, healthcare or equivalent experience required.
• Five or more years of successful healthcare innovation or product development experience in a corporate setting.
• Medical, dental or insurance experience is required.
• Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, or Commercial health / dental group and individual insurance experience required.
• Ensure to exercise decision-making and independent judgment while being aligned with customers and management.
• Demonstrated leadership in analyzing market conditions and customer needs and matching potential innovations to improve customer experience.
• Demonstrated experience and success applying concepts of innovation and product development to improve business models, processes, products, and services, ideally within a payer or provider setting.
• Skillful communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with internal and external customers.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration or Healthcare.
• Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting/remote environment, which requires prolong sitting.
• Flexibility to work a variable schedule as determined by project schedules.
• Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.).
• Manual dexterity to use standard office equipment (i.e., computer, telephone, etc.).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities as required.
Community / Marketing Title: Innovation Manager (Remote)
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlestown, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.