Director, Expense Management (Remote)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3065
Position Title: Director, Expense Management
The Director, Expense Management is responsible for leading the annual financial expense plan and improving operational efficiencies. Will drive improvement in the monthly financial expense reporting process, highlighting expense variances, providing insight into future trends, expense allocation development and financial support to senior management.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops financial models, forecasts, proposals, presentations and performance measures to provide confidence to executives regarding financial decisions.
• Drives improvement in the monthly financial expense reporting process, highlights expense variances and provides insight into future trends.
• Provides detailed variance explanations of monthly actuals highlighting impact of expense drivers.
• Reviews monthly results with business leaders and develops action plans, when necessary, to mitigate current and potential future variances versus plan.
• Oversees and coordinates expense allocation process and methodology.
• Partners with management across the company to prepare and finalize budget plans, considering new business and operational requirements.
• Identifies expense risks and opportunities and recommends and influences actions for functional business partners.
• Communicates effectively and influences key leader and stakeholders to understand and rationalize areas of expense.
• Reviews monthly results with Executive Leadership Team and develops action plans, when necessary, to mitigate current and potential future variances versus plan.
• Partners with the business and HR to support effective headcount and comp planning.
• Develops and maintains expense reporting and analysis for all functions, departments, and processes.
• Analyzes OpEx related metrics and performs reviews to evaluate results and establish action plans to close the gaps at an operational level.
• Develop and lead high performing team through coaching and motivating.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related field.
• 7+ years of financial planning and analysis experience.
• Leadership and management experience, both of a direct team and across an organization.
• Experience in budgeting and forecasting.
• Mastery of Excel, with the ability to create models and analysis quickly with accurate and clearly understandable results.
• Ability to think critically, analyze, prioritize, take initiative and problem solve.
• Strong technical understanding of the accounting for expenses including company policies and sufficient business knowledge to be able to verify and analyze information under review.
• Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting/remote environment.
• Work schedule may vary and is determined by project schedules.
• Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment (computer, telephone, etc.).
• Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.).
• Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. **
DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Expense Management (Remote)
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.