Account Manager - Dental Carrier - Must Be Based Near Laguna Hills, CA
Location: Laguna Hills, California, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 3064
Position Title: Account Manager
To represent and service the California Dental Network (CDN)/DentaQuest plans by ensuring the retention and growth of current business within designated regions.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Meet specific annual and quarterly business retention and Account Executive new business goals by delivering and successfully negotiating renewals. Complete and file related paperwork.
• Meets established criteria and specified goals for retention and new business.
• Demonstrates solid knowledge of all CDN/DentaQuest products by being accountable for servicing the specific needs and plan designs of existing accounts in an assigned book of business.
• Delivers customer service by developing and maintaining close working relationships with all Benefit Administrators, brokers, and consultants in the assigned book of business. Conduct regular meetings with clients to further develop relationship and to promote awareness of client needs. Resolves issues that may arise with these representatives as quickly as possible by utilizing available resources within Delta Plan.
• Develop and execute approved annual Account Retention and Growth plan for book of business.
• Conduct benefit fairs and presentations.
Consulting and Selling
• Meets customer needs and Account Executive new business growth goals by applying knowledge of CDN/DentaQuest products and corporate underwriting guidelines and financial arrangements to advise customers regarding dental benefits.
• Ensures timeliness of reports by performing all necessary administrative functions consistent with company policies, including timely submission of required reports.
• Supports department development objectives by attending regularly scheduled staff meetings, workshops and seminars associated with training.
• May involve participation in meetings, task forces and projects as they relate to sales.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent combination of education and experience) plus 5 years related experience.
• Well-organized and superior written and oral communication skills, particularly presentation skills.
• Knowledge of group benefits. Proven ability to provide consultative services to proactively meet customer needs, using management reports, offering training opportunities and recommending innovative solutions.
• Knowledge of underwriting.
• Valid Driver’s license and reliable car required to be used for account calls.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple interruptions;
• Ability to communicate in an active office environment;
• Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment;
• Ability to communicate via telephone;
• Ability to sit for 80% or more of an 8-hour workday;
• Ability to read and view computer screen;
• The office environment is active with high voice levels and interruptions that may challenge hearing and concentration.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. **
DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
City: Laguna Hills
Community / Marketing Title: Account Manager - Dental Carrier - Must Be Based Near Laguna Hills, CA
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Laguna Hills, California US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.