Manager, Data Engineering & Integration (Remote)
Location: United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 2949
Position Title: Manager, Data Integration
The Data Engineering and Integration Manager will lead the Data Engineering and ETL (Extraction, Transformation and Loading of Data) initiatives, and monitor Data Ops and drive the completion of projects within the established scope, while simultaneously planning for future BI and Data requirements in a multifaceted dynamic environment.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Build, lead, and manage a Data Engineering team of onshore and offshore engineers (SSIS & Informatica), with responsibility for technical architecture and project execution.
- Help plan and maintain the technical infrastructure, its configuration, performance, and storage requirements, with consideration of tiered data and data archiving.
- Provide ongoing evaluations of technology solutions and capabilities to ensure alignment with business objectives, identify areas of risk, while monitoring the current environment and potential improvement areas.
- Work with business partners to gather, analyze, and translate requirements in BI reporting area – either recommending an existing solution, developing a solution, or synthesizing delivery requirements to engineering teams for development.
- Understand and adhere to development and documentation standards, database design and storage.
- Ensure best practices for data implementation with ease of support and align to demand dynamics from the business.
- Ensure data quality and compliance with development, architecture, reporting, and regulatory standards throughout entire data pipeline.
- Oversee resource allocation and management of multiple concurrent projects, some of which with competing priorities.
- Responsible for DataOps and DevOps to deploy and maintain clustered computing across diverse environments (Microsoft Server Based).
- Organize the team to be effective and efficient through a metrics-driven analytical approach.
- Manage a team of employees and vendor resources (with frequent growth / mix changes) and provide feedback for individual contributor and leadership development with coaching and mentoring.
- Build deep understanding of the warehouse data and capabilities.
- On-call application support is required.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, business or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Seven years’ or more experience with Advanced SQL, RDBMS administration, and ETL (extract, transform, load) development with SSIS or Informatica
- Five years’ development experience, using variety of ETL and Big Data technologies.
- Four years’ demonstrated experience as a People Manager
- Five years’ Experience in Data Warehousing / Information Management
- Four years’ experience T-SQL Stored Procedures, Views and T-SQL design and development
- One year implementation/development experience on Azure Cloud (Datawarehouse, Azure Models, PowerBI etc.).
- using Visual Studio and SQL Management Studio (or equivalent tools).
- Experience using SQL Server 2012, 2016 or equivalent tools.
- Experience in design of appropriate data structures for the development of a database system.
- Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database constructs
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (SQL Server Reporting Services)
- Project management experience/knowledge, with ability to drive projects to successful completion; ability to anticipate project risks/issues and propose creative solutions; solid experience and understanding of Agile Methods
- Prior experience interfacing with various partners, including vendors, offshore development teams, and internal groups
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated data curiosity and business understanding
- Master’s degree.
- Experience assessing existing data warehousing and business intelligence solutions and recommend approaches for modernization.
- Experience documenting and presenting solutions to data architects and project managers.
- Experience assessing and recommending data warehousing and business intelligence strategies including ETL frameworks.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal compute).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Data Engineering & Integration (Remote)
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Remote, Connecticut US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.