Manager, Application Development
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2848
Position Title: Manager, Application Development
Plan, direct and manage the day-to-day operations of the application support and development activities; and direct the use of technical resources to support company goals.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee, plan, and direct the activities of the application developers onsite and outsourced developers
- Manage project and production releases and coordinate with production support and the testing teams
- Manage and coordinate environments
- Triage, analyze and resolve production support issues
- Oversee project application development and identify potential risks, scope, cost and communicate development status updates
- Work with business partners on resolving issues and recommend information technology solutions to improve business processes
- Assure overall project quality and ensure timely completion of deliverables
- Monitors project budgets to ensure that projects remain on-time and on-budget
- Follows application development policies and standards
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Five years of related experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of object-oriented development environments
- General knowledge of development languages/platforms including C++/C#, VB.Net, ASP, ASP.Net, COM/COM+, OOD/UML, XML, IIS, MTS, HTML, DHTML, ODBC, SOAP, ADO, ADO.NET, Java Script, Crystal Reports, & SQL Server
- Strong relational database knowledge (SQL Server preferred)
- Highly proficient in use of Microsoft Development Tools and Methods
- Advanced MS Professional Certifications Desired
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers, co-workers, and senior management
- Perform a wide variety of duties and responsibilities with accuracy and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines
- Experience within healthcare industry, including a payor or managed care organization or general insurance
- Demonstrable experience with large-scale systems
- Ability to reach sound decisions quickly
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach and mentor others in a fast paced, complex environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical audiences, and with executive and non-management staff levels.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically
- Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation communications skills.
- Process-oriented; Attentive to details and anticipating project management challenges.
- Experience leading and successfully delivering complex initiatives, meeting quality and time expectations
- Solid working knowledge of capabilities and direction of technology, coupled with an in-depth knowledge of the technology required and the needs of business environment necessary to support enterprise systems
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- Healthcare industry knowledge preferred
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Application Development
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.