Insurance Customer Service Representative
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2821
Position Title: DCPG -Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative I position interacts with customers to provide and process information in response to general inquiries, concerns, and requests about products and services. The CSR I must project a professional company image and provide superior customer service by corresponding with customers via any of DentaQuest’s customer contact channels.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responds to customer inquiries in a courteous and professional manner.
• Researches assistance requested and consistently provides accurate information to resolve internal and external member and provider inquiries via verbal and written communications through all channels including phone, email, web portal, and chat interactions.
• Thoroughly and completely document all customer interactions.
• Educates customers and dental professionals on eligibility, benefits, claims payment, and authorizations.
• Provides direction on the usage and benefits of self-service tools.
• Assist members on gaining access to care by locating a network dentist or assignment to a primary care dentist.
• Appropriately routes inquiries to the necessary departments or individuals when resolution of the inquiry is beyond the span of control of this role.
• Meets or exceeds individual, department, and client specific goals.
• Understands and adheres to all of DentaQuest’s administrative and contractual policies and procedures.
• Contributes to the success of the organization by suggesting ways to improve the service delivery processes.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent.
• 2 years of experience in a high volume customer service environment.
• Proven professional verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to efficiently operate a computer and knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and with a team.
• Ability to learn quickly and adapt to a fast pace production environment.
• Cooperative, professional and effective interaction skills with co-workers, company staff and visitors.
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
• Ability to tolerate repetitive work without compromising accuracy and service levels.
• Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
• Dental terminology knowledge and group health insurance experience a plus.
• Experience with Avaya phone system a plus.
• Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
• Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
Community / Marketing Title: Insurance Customer Service Representative
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Cincinnati, Ohio US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.