Dental Assistant Master Trainer
Location: Portland, Oregon, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2819
Position Title: Dental Assistant Lead Trainer
Dental Assistant Master Trainer is responsible for the development, implementation, and ongoing dental assistant training initiatives across the DentaQuest Care Delivery practices. This position partners with Clinical Affairs, Operations, Human Resources, and other departments to develop dental assistant trainer/training programs and partner with clinical teams to facilitate enhanced dental assistant training and improve the dentist/assistant relationship. Reporting to V.P., Clinical Affairs, the Dental Assistant Master Trainer is a critical role in the development of training programs for current dental assistants, dental assistants new to dentistry as well as facilitating the development of teamwork between dentists and assistants. This role will also participate in coordinated training and employee development efforts with operations, human resources, and others.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop dental assistant train-the-trainer program content in order to develop regional dental assistant trainers who will work at the practice level to onboard, train and calibrate new dental assistant hires
• Assists and provides subject matter expertise in the development of new training programs and provides necessary updates/revisions
• Conducts necessary follow-up to determine the application of training material and address any challenges, questions, and issues
• Maintains ongoing communication with Clinical Affairs leadership, Practice Operations, DAs and others in identifying individual and practice developmental needs and the appropriate learning solutions to remediate
• Participates in regular forms of communication including meetings (off-site/on-site) and conference calls
• Creates learning and development team within the existing Dental Assistant population and structure to help develop and deliver training materials and ensures consistency of material and messaging consistent with DentaQuest Care Group Management values and approved policies and procedures
• Acts as a positive and effective liaison between the practices and dental assistant training program, championing corporate initiatives
• Position is also accountable for specific performance, financial, and growth goals and objectives for the Care Group
• Assists with Centers of Excellence in onboarding, development, leadership, and direction for new dentist hires and their abilities to function as a team with their dental assistants
• Participate in safety committee meetings and provides clinical/practice guidance as needed related to safety and infection control
• Provides internal consulting to the Vice President of Clinical Affairs and others on dental and oral health issues
• Provides consistent and effective leadership to build and maintain high performing dental assistant trainer teams
• Utilizes data to improve performance of all assistants
• Other duties as needed or required
Field Team Leadership/Coaching
• Coaches and mentors’ dental trainers to ensure quality standards are met and provides specific feedback regarding individual performance when necessary.
• Develops learning and development team to assist in carrying out key supportive roles in the train-the-trainer program and will work collaboratively with Regional Dental Directors to achieve practice, organization & corporate objectives.
• Provides consistent and effective leadership to build and maintain a high performing team.
• High standards for integrity, honesty, professionalism, and work ethic
• Commitment to service excellence
• Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent organization and follow-through
• Demonstrates flexible and efficient time management and ability to prioritize workload
• Ability and willingness to move with purpose and a strong sense of urgency
• Self-motivated, positive, and enthusiastic
• Self- starter with a strong desire to exceed expectations and capable of leading, directing, and supporting a team to achieve successful results
• Maintains confidentiality and discretion
• Ability to effectively work in collaboration with others to achieve business objectives
• Willing to grow and be challenged
• Associates Degree or equivalent work experience. BS/BA degree highly preferred.
• 5+ years of dental experience, preferably as a dental assistant instructor/educator
• Demonstrated experience in direct patient care planning and clinical operations.
• Experience with Microsoft Office products: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Current CPR certification or ability to obtain within 30 days
• Ability to understand OSHA, CDC, ADA, and HIPAA standards as they relate to the practice of dentistry
• Ability to use and incorporate technology included but not limited to conference calls, video conferencing, and webinars.
• Facilitation and professional presentation skills
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
• Attends additional training when requested/deemed necessary
• Training experience highly preferred
This position has indirect supervisory responsibilities.
Working conditions include field visits, working in the practices, overnight travel, attending off-site training, and conferences. Typing and sitting for long periods at a desk or while attending meetings. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
• Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
• Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out the position's own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal compute).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
• Travel is a regular duty of this position
• Occasional overnight including business meetings
Community / Marketing Title: Dental Assistant Master Trainer
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Portland, Oregon US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.