Provider Enrollment and Credentialing Specialist I
Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2729
Position Title: Provider Enroll & Credentialing Specialist I
Provider Enrollment and Credentialing Specialist reviews all aspects of the Initial/ Re-Apply Credentialing, Re-credentialing, privileging and overseeing the onboarding process for all incoming providers. Primary responsibilities include verifying all the credentialing criteria for practitioners that have applied to the network, including follow up with practitioners as needed to obtain information.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Verify potential and existing provider’s licensure, NPI, insurance, CDS, DEA certificate, education, hospital privileges, board certification.
- Review National Practitioners Data Bank for adverse charges pending or filed against Provider.
- Review federal and/ or state OIG and SAM report for exclusion from the Medicaid or Medicare program.
- Review state Medicare OPT Out report for exclusion from the Medicare program.
- Monitors and reports provider complaints and utilization management reports.
- Assist with scheduling site reviews. Enroll the provider into payment system – Windward.
- Enter all provider information into credentialing database – Cactus. Maintain the integrity of the provider information in Windward and Cactus.
- Ensures credentialing file is in order with any issues flagged for committee.
- Meet required turnaround time and accuracy rate.
- Assist with other duties as assigned.
- Assist management in the implementation of department process improvements.
- Assist with the ongoing NCQA certification activities.
- Represent DentaQuest in a professional manner at all times while communicating with internal and external requestors.
- Maintains confidentiality of the credentialing information.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year job related experience Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Efficient PC skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, Work Flow Software, Time Tracking Systems).
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks.
- Ability to remain organized with multiple interruptions.
- Good customer service and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to navigate websites needed for credentialing purposes.
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment.
- Ability to work in excess of 40 hours in a week.
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
- Previous experience working with files or the collection and coordination of data preferred.
- Knowledge of Dental terminology preferred.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position's own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer)
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Provider Enrollment and Credentialing Specialist I
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.