Government Affairs and PAC Manager (Boston Preferred)
Multiple Locations: Boston, Massachusetts, United States • United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 2688
Position Title: Government Affairs Manager
Responsible for legislative tracking, analysis and reporting for the organization and plays a vital role in the development and evolution of the public policy agenda. Responsible for compliance, fundraising and day-to-day operations for the political action committee (PAC).
Acts independently and with limited supervision to ensure seamless operations. Expected to engage with a cross-functional team of internal and external stakeholders to complete projects in a timely and accurate manner, maintaining a professional demeanor and flexibility as job demands require.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Legislative and policy tracking, analysis and reporting responsibilities include:
- Manage the legislative tracking tool, Fiscal Note, and serve as an internal expert to ensure efficient and effective use of the tool’s functionality by the government affairs team;
- In collaboration with regional government affairs directors, produce legislative and regulatory reports for dissemination to internal audiences;
- Analyze key pieces of legislation, leveraging internal subject matter experts, to determine the impact to DentaQuest and prioritize key bills based on impact;
- Conduct legislative and regulatory research to inform official policy positions;
- Draft policy positions, policy briefs, letters of support/opposition, and public comments in alignment with DentaQuest’s strategic priorities;
- Monitor activity of key stakeholder groups including organized dentistry, insurance trade associations, and consumer advocacy groups and provide recommendations for engagement opportunities.
- Staff relevant trade association workgroups.
DentaQuest political action committee (PAC) management responsibilities include:
- Manage the effective use of a PAC management tool to ensure compliance with state political finance rules;
- Keep multiple bank account registers up-to-date and work with the finance team to conduct account reconciliation activities;
- Maintain up-to-date calendar of required state and federal PAC reporting deadlines, prepare reports and ensure timely and accurate submission to relevant state and federal agencies;
Manage internal fundraising efforts, including but not limited to:
- Develop always on fundraising campaigns at the director of government affairs leadership
- Draft policies and forms and ensure effective distribution
- Create reports related to individual donations
- Create and submit necessary wire transfer requests
- Draft and facilitate thank you letters to those who donate
- Create and staff internal educational and fundraising opportunities
Help coordinate annual consultants offsite meetings, serve as primary liaison with vendors and staff events.
Support various ad hoc government relations projects by scheduling meetings, managing project calendars, keeping detailed meeting minutes and other records as appropriate.
- Five years’ experience in government relations and/or public policy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exceptional organization skills as evidenced by the ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple projects
- Ability to exercise independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions to meet the above responsibilities
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Sound judgment in maintaining the confidentiality of information
- High competency level with various computer applications (MS Office, SharePoint) is required
- Health care industry experience preferred
- Political fundraising experience preferred
- Experience with web-based CRM tools preferred
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting are required in carrying out the position's own responsibilities (i.e. use of personal compute).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Government Affairs and PAC Manager (Boston Preferred)
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.