Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2625
Position Title: DSO (Dental Service Organization) Accountant, Senior
The DSO Accountant, Senior supports the company’s financial objectives by preparing balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. The DSO Accountant, Senior also analyzes trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. Reports organization's finances to management, and offers suggestions about resource utilization, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Coordinates all aspects of the general ledger accounting process by managing monthly closes, preparing of financial statements and variance analysis.
• Ensures accurate and timely generation of financial information to management by assisting in the development/implementation of improved systems and processes.
• Support monthly and quarterly close packages by preparing, overseeing, and preparing reconciliations and schedules for all subsequent balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.
• Assist in the coordination and preparation for the year-end audit by preparing schedules and reviewing reconciliations to ensure accuracy of financial information.
• Provide customer service by offering analytical support to managers to help resolve all questions regarding monthly departmental cost centers.
• Supports department by participating in special projects.
• Other duties as needed or required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Minimum of 3 years of accounting experience.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proficient with spreadsheets and Excel.
• Strong analytical skills.
• Ability to work independently.
• Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
• Master’s in Finance or related field, or MBA
• Must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
• Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
Works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Accountant
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nashville, Tennessee US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.