Director, Internal Communication
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2573
Position Title: Director, Internal Communication
Develops and uses a combination of channels, tools, and techniques to produce communications that inform, engage and inspire employees across all locations. Contributes to and produces high-quality business content for internal and external distribution, in alignment with brand standards. Coaches and inform the Executive Team on proper communication methods and leads the creation of communications in alignment with an overall plan which leverages a variety of standard and innovative mediums.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and implement internal communication strategies, campaigns, plans and materials in support of a variety of enterprise-wide and business-specific initiatives.
• Develop trusted relationships at all levels of the organization, and in particular with members of the Executive Team, working closely with them to shape an organizational communication plan inclusive of organizational messages and narratives, consistent with the company’s overall business strategy and values.
• Advice and support senior business and functional leaders, including Executive Team members on a broad range of communications-related activities, including the development of presentation materials, remarks, and talking points, announcements, memos, letters, articles, blogs, thought leadership pieces and other written and digital content.
• Coach members of the Executive Team and other senior leaders on their communications skills and provide respectful and candid feedback on areas for improvement; partnering with leaders on improvement plans, as needed.
• Partner closely with Human Resources and other internal functional groups to identify opportunities where change management is needed and support related communications associated with engagement and standard talent processes.
• Oversee a mix of internal communication channels, vehicles, and programs, regularly evaluating their effectiveness and recommend the adoption of new tools and platforms, including potential overhaul/replacement of Intranet.
• Manage a mix of internal meetings and programs, including leadership meetings, management meetings and all-employee meetings across multiple locations.
• Review, proofread and edit communications materials being developed and distributed by other team members.
• Serve as back-up for other team members on the distribution of communications through internal and external communication channels.
• Serve as internal communication lead on any merger and acquisition activities, integration efforts and major business announcements.
• Serve as an advisor on select internal workgroups and project teams.
• Other duties as needed or required.
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing
• 7 years’ experience working as part of an in-house communications team or strategic communications agency, with a minimum of 5 years in a role focused on internal and executive communications
• Superior organizational, written and oral communication and presentation skills
• Strong demonstrated ability to collaborate across a variety of diverse teams and functions
• Ability to develop productive relationships and work effectively with and provide guidance and feedback to senior executives
• Working knowledge of internal communication channels, tools, and techniques
• Passion for communication and its impact on employee experience and company culture.
• Experience designing presentations, videos, and other creative collateral.
• Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, adapt quickly and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to bring together different points of view, drive toward consensus, overcome barriers and move things forward
• Sound judgment and strong influence skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; skilled in presentation software
• Prior work experience in healthcare or insurance businesses
• Prior experience developing/implementing new Intranet platforms or other digital channels
• Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting.
• Ability to effectively operate computer equipment.
• Ability to respond to critical business issues/crises outside of regular business hours.
• Work schedule will vary, as determined by project and senior leadership schedules.
• Up to 20% travel may be required.
• Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment.
• Ability to communicate via telephone and work in virtual teams.
• Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Internal Communication
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.