Clinical Innovation Director
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2534
Position Title: Director, Clinical Innovation
The Director, Clinical Innovation provides and advances the transformative clinical vision for the future of oral health, embracing advancements in person-centered care, technology, innovative diagnostic and preventive methods, targeted therapeutics, medical dental integration, and data science. The Director, Clinical Innovation builds, manages, and leads DentaQuest’s clinical labs to test and pilot promising innovations in care delivery. The director also supports clinical innovation scouting and due diligence of DentaQuest’s corporate venture opportunities. This person also provides clinical input on design, development, and execution of innovative solutions destined for spread within DentaQuest core business.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides and advances the transformative clinical vision for the future of oral health, embracing advancements in person-centered care, technology, innovative diagnostic and preventive methods, targeted therapeutics, medical dental integration, and data science.
- Builds, manages, and leads the clinical labs, including day-to-day operation and work. The incumbent serves as the point person and spokesperson for the clinical labs.
- Serves as the medical monitor on IRB overseen human subject research studies.
- Develops and manages a team of clinical project managers, dental clinicians trained in the innovation process, to oversee conduct research, collect, evaluate and interpret data and outcomes.
- Provides clinical input on design, development, and execution of innovative solutions destined for spread within DentaQuest core business.
- Serves at the primary clinical innovation resource for the broader innovation program and staff. Liaises, advises, and collaborates on innovation scouting and due diligence of DentaQuest’s corporate venture opportunities.
- Liaises and collaborates with DentaQuest Partnership, including the Analytics and Evaluation, Person-Centered Care, and Interprofessional Practice teams, to advance clinical innovation using data science, research and evaluation driven insights, and disruptive actions
- Develops partnerships and manages relationships with other research, clinical, and progressive institutions to advance the innovation agenda.
- Supports DentaQuest’s business development on as needed basis.
- Represents DentaQuest at conferences, symposiums, and other public forums.
- Delivers part-time care while testing innovations in care delivery.
- Other duties as needed or required.
- Graduate of an accredited Dental School (D.D.S. or D.M.D).
- Experienced professional with 7 or more years of clinical and/or business experience.
- Experience testing and evaluating new oral health innovations with patients.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as an oral health expert and resource for organization's management team, providing leadership and direction.
- Familiarity with and ability to support the innovation process.
- Experienced manager with demonstrated ability to develop and lead a department and team.
- Excellent track record coaching and developing staff members, setting clear expectations, reviewing progress, providing feedback/guidance and holding people accountable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to present complicated information simply to both clinical and non-clinical constituencies.
- Ability to build strong working relationships and to work collaboratively with people at all levels within the organization.
- Strong financial acumen in healthcare and related business operations
- Master’s degree of business administration (MBA), public health or equivalent field
- Experience in entrepreneurship, go to market strategies, and corporate venture
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Clinical Innovation Director
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.