Director of Practice Support
Location: Redmond, Oregon, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2527
Position Title: Dir of Practice Support
The Director of Practice Support leads the overall support function for the Care Group multi-site retail healthcare organization supporting approximately 80+ practices. Primary responsibilities include real estate management for 80+ sites, construction management, national vendor relationships, strategic sourcing function, including the oversight and development of processes and standards related to strategic sourcing, contract management, supplier relationship management, vendor qualification and tactical buying. In addition, this position is responsible for manages property strategy, space management, building maintenance, testing and inspections, building administration to include overseeing renovations and building projects tracking.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the oversight of the construction plans for over 80+ retail healthcare sites covering 7+ states;
- Overall responsibility of making recommendations and providing options for planning the real estate projects of the company and aligning those with Care Group objectives and goals
- Overall responsibility of collecting, projecting and monitoring project/construction costs and ensuring proper forecasting through the budget processes
- Lead the creation and direct the implementation of strategic sourcing initiatives to deliver best in class ‘value improvement’ of the total spend.
- Lead the cash improvement program related to suppliers in assigned categories. Deliver incremental cash improvement year on year.
- Manage a procurement operations group that can deliver governance and value at the speed needed for a fast-paced business.
- Drive an effective relationship with key internal clients, especially with the Operations team to ensure the delivery of business plans at or ahead of targets & plans.
- Work with suppliers to drive suppliers’ ideas through the business and execute ‘game changing’ strategic sourcing plans for major spend categories.
- Create a supplier relationship process that unlocks additional value from external business partners.
- Lead and develop Procurement team members to deliver career pathing, enhance business processes, and ensure operating within existing policies
- Deliver market trend, market development information and analysis to drive business understanding of these markets and how best to enhance the capabilities of suppliers and industry developments to deliver a competitive advantage to the business. This includes leading creation and implementation of strategic supplier initiatives to deliver sustained competitive advantage.
- Implements and monitors preventative maintenance programs for assigned area including HVAC, life safety, equipment, grease traps, landscaping, etc.
- Manages contractor base for preventative and proactive maintenance and repairs in assigned area including hiring, rate negotiation, monitoring of workmanship, responsiveness, and issue resolution for the market.
- Works with local vendors to resolve any issues with billing, performance or compliance.
- Monitors any issues that require escalation or assistance.
- Provides guidance to Operations on repair/replacement decisions as well as planned and emergency replacement of assets.
- Helps develop and manage all capital projects for the market. Manage the execution of capital projects including, but not limited to roof replacements, parking lots, and HVAC replacements.
- Works with appropriate governing agencies and facilitates their inspections and acceptance for facility maintenance projects.
- Performs other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor or other members of our Home Office Support Management Team.
- Travel up to 50%
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent in a related field
- Retail Healthcare Management Experience in related position
- Multi-Site Management (30+ sites) experience in related position
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant work experience
- Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
- DSO Experience preferred
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall heavy physical effort (up to 75 lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Director of Practice Support
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redmond, Oregon US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.