Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2486
Position Title: Manager, Data Warehouse
Manage a team of analysts and developers to deliver new functionality in reporting and analytic data platforms. Lead a team with a wide range of technical skills which include reporting, dashboarding (SQL, SSRS, Azure Tabular Models, PowerBI) and data analysis and modeling skills (SQL, Azure Models).
Guide the team in understanding the business use cases and help design analytic data solutions, manage priorities, staffing and skill development within the team.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage team priorities, interpret scope, estimating impact/work and approving the estimates for distribution.
• Manage team assignments by assessing subject area knowledge, individual capacity, and project demands.
• Manage a team of 5-7 full-time employees and 5-15 vendor resources (with frequent growth/mix changes) and provide feedback for individual contributor development.
• Manage data, reporting and analytics solutions on Azure Tabular Models/Data Warehouse on Cloud.
• Oversee the implementation and development of reports in PowerBI on the cloud.
• Advising on Dentaquest technical decisions including architecture approach, solution design, and detailed troubleshooting.
• Ensuring adherence to the team’s SDLC and assisting in process improvements while contributing to the team’s adoption of Agile Methods (Scrum &/or Kanban).
• Working closely with our Analytics partners to ensure expectations are met and acting as a liaison between business and technical teams to resolve issues.
• Ensuring projects are progressing according to the plan by resolving issues or obstacles.
• Providing up-to-date resourcing and spending plans to properly manage the portfolio in terms of staffing and finances.
• Evaluating candidates for new positions including full-time employees & contractors.
• Building a deep understanding of the warehouse data and capabilities.
• Other duties as needed or required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Business or related discipline, or 10 years related experience in addition to below.
• 7 years of demonstrated experience as an analyst /developer preferably on data platforms.
• 3 years’ demonstrated experience as a People Manager.
• 5 years’ experience in Data Warehousing/Information Management.
• 4 years experience T-SQL Stored Procedures, Views and T-SQL design and development using Visual Studio and SQL Management Studio (or equivalent tools).
• Experience using SQL Server 2008, 2012 or equivalent tools.
• Experience in the design of appropriate data structures for the development of a database system.
• Strong knowledge of SQL and relational database constructs.
• Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Business Intelligence tools (SQL Server Reporting Services).
• Analyze and build dashboards and visualization in Power BI to provide strategic business insight for senior management.
• A minimum of 1 year of implementation/Development experience on Azure Cloud (Datawarehouse, Azure Models, PowerBI, etc.).
• Project management experience/knowledge, with the ability to drive projects to successful completion; ability to anticipate project risks/issues and propose creative solutions; solid experience and understanding of Agile Methods.
• Prior experience interfacing with various partners, including vendors, offshore development teams, and internal groups.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving, influencing, prioritization, decision- making and conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrate data curiosity and business understanding.
• Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
• 3 years’ experience in working directly with clients to map business needs to data warehousing and business intelligence solutions centered on Cognos and Informatica platforms.
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business
• Assess existing data warehousing and business intelligence solutions and recommend approaches for modernization.
• Document and present solutions to data architects and project managers.
• Assess and recommend data warehousing and business intelligence strategies including ETL frameworks.
• Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.).
• Manual dexterity and sitting are required in carrying out the position's own position responsibilities (i.e. use of the personal computer).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Manager, Datawarehouse
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.