DSO Accounting Associate
Location: Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2467
Position Title: DSO Accounting Associate
Manage variety of components of the monthly general ledger by analyzing and preparing journal entries for various income statement and balance sheet transactions; ensuring timely and accurate reporting with proper documentation; and analyzing and improving internal controls.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure updated accounting system by preparing journal entries and entering journals into system including but not limited to cash receipts and disbursements, SG&A expenses, prepaid and accrued expenses, and payroll related expenses and accruals.
• Ensures accurate financial records by reconciling and resolving issues of all general ledger and sub-ledger activity.
• Prepare general ledger reconciliations, analyze, and clear reconciling items timely. Accounts include but are not limited to bank reconciliations, prepaid and accrued expenses, intercompany receivables and payables, and surplus notes and interest expense.
• Support accounting processes by assisting in monthly and year-end reporting.
• Provide support for outside audits by preparing required and accurate documents.
• Support outside regulatory agencies (independent auditors, DOI, DOR, IRS, etc.) by preparing and analyzing a variety of financial data and schedules.
• Meet internal and external customer financial needs of Senior management, Directors and Practices by providing timely reports as requested.
• Support accounting department effectiveness by participating in special projects as needed.
• Work on solutions for improvements to existing business processes and internal controls
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field.
• Minimum of 1 year of accounting experience or equivalent experience preferred.
• Very good PC skills with proficiency in MS Office products.
• Strong demonstrated analytical skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Very good customer service skills.
• Ability to work overtime as needed or required.
• Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
• Knowledge of MS Access.
• Experience working with Oracle general ledger software.
• General ledger software experience.
• Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
• Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: DSO Accounting Associate
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Nashville, Tennessee US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.