Location: Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
Remote Opportunity: 1
Requisition Number: 2441
Position Title: Biostatistician
The Biostatistician advises and collaborates with program teams and leadership in hypothesis formulation, determination of research design, and selection of data collection procedures and instruments. The candidate is responsible for conducting modeling, data mining and database analytics using advanced statistical methods. The candidate will analyze internal and external data sources to transform the data and information into actionable knowledge about effective and efficient care and how that knowledge can be used to improve the care system and better inform policy and financing of care. The candidate will design tests, develop and implement measurement plans, build predictive and analytic models and present results to diverse audiences.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a strong foundation in statistical theory and practice, has experience analyzing medical or dental claims data, is a proactive thinker, self-starter, who enjoys working in a fast-paced and challenging environment with the ability to work independently.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Initiate, formulate, plan, execute, and conduct studies and advise on statistical analysis and in interpretation of study results.
• Perform data mining, statistical modeling, reporting and data collection and preparation.
• Support the Analytics and Evaluation team to implement a research agenda that informs policy and the Partnership’s priorities and validates quality and cost performance measures for dentistry.
• Perform ongoing analysis of oral health programs and related issues to identify key drivers toward achieving better outcomes, better patient experience, and lower per capita costs.
• Apply a variety of statistical techniques such as logistic regression, survival models, generalized risk models, hierarchical linear models; analysis of frequency distributions; sampling; analysis of variance; determining confidence limits; estimating magnitudes to laboratory and/or clinical data; and models for casual inferences.
• Use statistical applications and specialized statistical programs, such as Stata or SAS, and data visualization software, such as Power BI and Tableau.
• Prepare comprehensive reports of study results to include discussion of substantive research objectives while assessing the adequacy and quality of data used in the analysis.
• Prepare an explanation of the methodologies, results, and relevance of issues and problems under study. Disseminate results of research projects in a wide range of venues including publications, peer reviewed journals, summaries, manuscripts, and special reports. Presents results to the scientific community at professional meetings and conferences.
• Test, implement, and validate oral health quality and safety measures in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
• Analyze data using appropriate statistical techniques and presents verified results along with preliminary interpretations and recommends appropriate statistical methods for carrying out further analyses.
• Identify problems with scientific inference unique to the data and recommend consideration of these by the Manager, Data and Impact or other team members.
• Work with IT department and external vendors to ensure the appropriate use of analytical tools so that analysis and reporting is accurate and consistent with the underlying data.
• Provide recommendations on Partnership policies, objectives, and initiatives. Evaluate and suggest changes as necessary to optimize processes and efficiencies.
• Other duties to be assigned.
• Master’s degree in social/behavioral or natural sciences, Public Health, applied mathematics or comparable field.
• 3+ years’ experience in complex data management, analysis, and reporting.
• 3+ years’ experience with database and statistical analysis programs such as SAS, R or Stata
• Strong background in extracting and compiling data, conducting analysis, creating reports or peer-reviewed manuscripts, and presenting findings.
• Strong foundation in statistical theory and methods required.
• Excellent PC skills with proficiency in MS Office products (Access, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
• Strong customer service and analytical skills.
• Ability to lead and work with others.
• Experience developing, testing, or applying medical or dental quality measures is preferred.
• Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting or remote equivalent.
• Work schedule may vary and is determined by project schedules.
• Ability to travel as projects dictate.
• Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment.
• Ability to communicate via telephone and work in virtual teams.
• Ability to work in a dynamic environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Biostatistician (REMOTE)
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Milwaukee, Wisconsin US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.