IT Manager Salesforce Support
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2398
Position Title: Manager, Salesforce Platform Support
IT Manager of Salesforce Support will manage the development, support and tactical implementation of break-fix, enhancements, projects, and staff to meet corporate goals and objectives across the organization. The incumbent build partnerships with senior level management and analyzes business needs, translating them into executable solutions to facilitate efficient and productive business processes. Demonstrates expertise in a variety of IT concepts, practices, and procedures. Maintains a general knowledge of company-wide processes and sub-systems. Participates in new/enhanced system functionality designs, development and implementations. Encourages team to achieve departmental and company goals. Actively looks for ways to improve overall team productivity and personal development
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee the support of the applications with both Salesforce Org’s, which includes portals, Service Cloud, and Sales Cloud
- Drive the execution and delivery of Salesforce features by collaborating with many cross functional teams, architects, and product owners
- Manage custom objects, fields, formulas, validation rules, custom workflow, and approval processes
- Build and manage dashboards, views, and reports in Salesforce custom and standard objects
- Establish key performance indicators and service level agreements for continually improving the performance and efficiency of the Salesforce Platform
- Directs the selection and training of staff to meet strategic objectives and guidelines. Promote and execute development plans which strengthen and broaden staff skill sets critical to their current and future job performance. Recognize and promote diversity.
- Demonstrates understanding of business goals and objectives, using IT processes to ensure appropriate solutions are implemented.
- Works on new IT projects as well as support of applications already in production over a range of platforms and technologies.
- Develops staff by providing technical and administrative direction. May oversee the work of contractors.
- Meets needs of internal clients and is focused on developing a responsive team.
- Ensures departmental growth by participating in the strategic planning process.
- Ensures financial targets are met by preparing budget proposals and monthly forecasts.
- Maintains vendor relationships by participating in vendor proposal recommendations and assisting in developing strategic vendor partnerships.
- Ensure full and clear documentation of required deliverables.
- Ensure adherence to HIPAA regulations and guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a directly related field;
- 7+ years of experience in software product development leadership; Cloud computing preferred
- Demonstrated ability to drive to deadlines, adhere to required scope, ensure quality standards, and meet financial targets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to translate technical details so they are understandable to non-technical leadership and decision makers.
- Experience implementing Salesforce cloud solutions preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of object-oriented development environments
- Experience growing high performing engineering teams
- Experience building large scale distributed, fault-tolerant systems
- Prior experience in any of the following languages preferred: Java, C++, C, C#, Ruby, Python, APEX, Force.com
- In-depth understanding of OOP, design patterns, data structures, algorithms, and concurrency
- Experience with Agile Development Methodologies and Test-Driven Development. Agile/Lean certified a plus
- Experience using SQL and/or NoSQL datastores e.g. Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, etc
- Strong financial and organizational management experience
- Experience as a programmer, analyst, software engineer/designer, project manager or other IT discipline highly desirable.
- Preferred demonstrated expertise in DQ’s business or related areas of expertise.
- Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform this position.
** In accordance with DentaQuest’s Compliance Plan, employee must conduct DQ business in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, professional standards and ethical standards and report potential compliance or ethical issues to manager or DQ’s Compliance Officer. **
DentaQuest’s Affirmative Action Program affirms our commitment to make reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitation of otherwise-qualified individuals with disabilities or special disabled veterans, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Please see Human Resources for additional information regarding this Program.
Community / Marketing Title: IT Manager Salesforce Support
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.