Business Intelligence Analyst
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2349
Position Title: Business Intelligence Analyst, Senior
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst works with a variety of data analysis tools and information systems to transform data within those systems into visualizations and reporting tools that drive decisions related to organizational expansion, continuous improvement, policies and procedures, budgeting and forecasting, and operational efficiency.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Enables and enhances key business processes by understanding how data is turned into knowledge.
• Gains an in-depth understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the
obvious, delving into the source, the definition, philosophy, and roots of the raw data.
• Identifies business intelligence, data analysis, and reporting opportunities.
• Designs and implements solutions to capture data from various sources such as databases, APIs,
XML, and flat files.
• Designs and implements solutions to transform data into useful data models to support and enable
• Develops and implements various reports to inform business stakeholders on business activity.
• Works with Care Group business stakeholders to understand their function, needs, and opportunities
• Presents findings to various business stakeholders.
• Monitors, maintains, troubleshoots, and improves the Care Group business intelligence architecture
• Research data integration and data quality issues, respond to business inquiries, analyzes reasons for
failure, identifies optimization and process improvement opportunities, revises procedures and
documentation as necessary.
• Designs and tests complex BI solutions.
• Manages efforts relating to data quality auditing and data governance.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or another quantitative field (e.g.,
mathematics, economics, finance), or equivalent business discipline experience.
• 3 years of experience in business intelligence, data analysis, or related position.
• Understanding of reporting systems and development lifecycle.
• Knowledge of business intelligence and analytics applications (e.g., SQL Server, SSIS, R, Power BI).
• Experience working with/on a technical development team.
• Ability to gather requirements, research alternatives and analyze data so as to develop insightful
conclusions and generate solutions to address user needs.
• Ability to create written communication materials that effectively summarize findings and support
recommendations for presentation to senior management.
• Exceptionally self-motivated, self-directed, and able to maintain focus in a rapidly changing
• Highly organized and able to communicate in detail as well as abstractions.
• Experience with and knowledge of dental and healthcare industry is preferred.
• Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting or remote equivalent.
• Ability to effectively operate computer equipment.
• Work schedule may vary and is determined by project schedules.
• Ability to efficiently operate all job-related office equipment.
• Ability to communicate via telephone/computer and work in virtual teams.
• The office environment is active with high voice levels and interruptions that may challenge hearing
• The responsibilities may require occasional overnight travel.
Community / Marketing Title: Business Intelligence Analyst
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlestown, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.