Accounts Payable Team Lead
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2347
Position Title: Accounts Payable Team Lead
Manage timely and accurate oversight of the daily AP processes. Supports the Finance Department and the organization by processing, recording and reporting cash disbursements. Ensuring all departmental and corporate policies and procedures are followed and meet compliance & audit guidelines. Recommends, initiates, and coordinates improvements to the daily AP processes. Leads all new project implementations and system upgrades.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees all accounts payable practices while maintaining department efficiencies, by verifying accuracy, control and meeting deadlines for scheduled weekly check runs. Point of contact for all process escalations to ensure resolution within strict deadlines.
• Manages training for all new hires, ensuring all user documents are updated and accurate for training and compliance purposes.
• Responsible for overseeing the daily/weekly claim processing interfaces to the oracle financial system. Ensures the daily deadlines are met for all EFT and Positive pay files.
• Provides daily AP payment report to AR team for Positive pay reconciliation and ensure all files have been created and confirmed daily.
• Monitoring daily bank recon upload files and communicates any exceptions or errors to ensure files can be uploaded accurately and timely.
• Manage the E-Payables process and reconcile virtual cards to the AP sub-ledger and post to GL.
• Provides quarterly and monthly reports as needed per client contractual requirements and internal reporting.
• Communicates with managers and vendors timely to ensure disputed invoices are handled accurately and efficiently.
• Support Broker Commission department to ensure monthly commission payments are handled accurately and timely.
• Manage all Board related payment activity including reporting and 1099 reconciliation at year end.
• Lead 1099 process and work with IT and third party vendor validating all required 1099’s are created and processed accurately and timely, meeting all required IRS deadlines and guidelines.
• Point of contact for internal managers concerns by responding to questions on disbursements and General Ledger Account allocation.
• Support Accounting team by reviewing issues log and meeting weekly to resolve any discrepancies between the AP Sub-ledger and General ledger.
• Manage payment inquiries within the claims system and Sales Force application.
• Leads all testing for new project implementations along with supporting system upgrades ensuring full end to end testing is performed successfully and timely.
• Other duties as needed or required.
• Associate or Bachelor's Degree in Accounting/Finance
• 5 years Accounts Payable /Finance experience.
• Oracle accounting software experience preferred.
• Attention to details
• Organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
• Intermediate to advance in Microsoft Excel and Outlook
• Advanced communication/interpersonal skills.
• Advanced Analytical/Complex Problem solving skills
• Attends additional training as requested/deemed necessary
• Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
• Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal compute).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Accounts Payable Team Lead
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlestown, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.