Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2342
Position Title: Desktop Engineer
Design, develop and implement a cost effective, high quality Desktop computing environment that enhances our client’s ability to accomplish its mission. Evaluate equipment and software including desktop, laptop, PDA, operating systems, network printers, desktop software, systems management tools and other computing software and hardware.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create documentation for installing and supporting new systems in corporate environment
- Investigate and resolve hardware and software incidents, perform root cause analysis to identify underlying problems on newly engineered solutions.
- Acts as liaison between project team members, customers, and installation team to ensure projects are implemented seamlessly.
- Serves as Mentor for Desktop Administrators and/or other desktop support personnel.
- Works closely with both technical and non-technical staff and is required to communicate effectively with both
- Able to manage multiple conflicting priorities, work independently and meet deadlines Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years packaging applications into Altiris or equivalent packages using Altiris Deployment Server or other software deployment systems.
- 8 years experience in desktop engineering support duties, including knowledge of computer/network systems infrastructure requirements and standards.
- Experience in a large corporate multi-domain/multi-site organization. Extensive experience with desktop virtualization technologies such as Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Desktop operating systems including Windows XP, XP Embedded, Windows 7 (all versions), Windows Mobile, etc.
- Extensive Knowledge of scripting--- utilizing a variety of languages such as VB Script, C#, Perl, VB.NET and/or WinBatch or other programming languages.
A solid understanding of networking concepts and technologies including:
- Ethernet, TCP/IP, DNS, firewalls, and DHCP are required.
- Experience troubleshooting and enhancing desktop security and configuration management through Group Policy Objects (GPO) and the ability to create custom policies.
- Must be able to act in a SME role as well as in a lead role for various projects and initiatives. Ability to learn new technologies and concepts on a more independent and self-directed level.
- Works effectively in a team setting as well as independently.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with all levels of associates in the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to probe, analyze and problem-solve complex issues.
- High on customer satisfaction.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to adapt in a complex and changing environment
- Manage personal stress and know own limits - ask for help when needed.
- Provide after-hours or weekend maintenance as needed.
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively. Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.) Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer). Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required. Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Desktop Engineer
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlestown, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.