Microsoft .Net Software Developer
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2154
Position Title: Software Engineer, Senior
Sr. Software engineer maintains IT Objectives by supporting business processes, systems and clients specifically with UI, middleware and system integrations related technologies and applications, carries out these responsibilities by providing information technology (IT)
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Analyzes and evaluates business requirements by working with clients and management. Provides recommendations on the nature, scope and complexity of solutions Document the functional and technical specifications and project plans for proposed solutions to business requirements of moderate to high complexity. Develops (codes), tests, documents, educates and supports subsequent software solutions Develops and implements project plans, including resources, tasks, time frames and deliverables for moderate to complex projects. Monitors projects and advises members on how to resolve technical problems Assists in training initiatives by occasionally providing direction to peers and less experienced staff. May assign work to less experienced staff and review their work Supports existing applications, monitors systems performance and work based on the impact to the business. May coordinate cross-functional IT departments to resolve issues Uses troubleshooting skills to identify, research and propose solutions to problems and accommodate necessary changes or corrective action, as needed Recommends standards, procedures and process improvements appropriate to own work May present work to team members, clients and management Other duties as assigned.
- BS or equivalent and 7 years’ work experience in computer sciences or related field, or equivalent combination
- Minimum 4 years development experience in ASP.Net, C#, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and SQL Server
- Strong experience in OLAP and OLTP databases
- Strong Knowledge of T-SQL, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Views, Indexes
- Demonstrates sound technical skills with a strong working knowledge of the client’s business in order to effectively translate business needs to IT solutions
- Excellent analytical, Database tuning and problem solving ability
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Excellent organization and prioritization skills.
- Proven progressive knowledge, responsibility and experience (XML, XSLT and XML Schema)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively
- Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer)
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment
Community / Marketing Title: Microsoft .Net Software Developer
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.