Corporate Facilities Specialist
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 1962
Position Title: Facilities Specialist, Senior
Provides maintenance and services for the organization; within the main facility and off-site locations under direction of Corporate Facilities Manager. Responds to end-user work orders and requests. Coordinates and monitors external service vendors including the landlord, furniture vendors, electrical vendors, copier/printer vendors, and other service related resources. Oversees and monitors security and safety inclusive of ergonomics, and nighttime facility cleaning. Performs all work with adherence to safety standards and procedures. Coordinates, implements, and enforces company standards for Facilities related areas such as fire safety, security, etc.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responds to end user inquiries regarding service acting as a resource and a representative of Facilities.
- Brings inquiry to resolution through effective and timely action and communication.
- Coordinates external service vendors ensuring quality of service, timeliness of response, and brings to resolution.
- Directs outcomes with appropriate supervision, if necessary.
- Assist in selection and direction of all necessary subcontractors and vendors including HVAC, furniture, electrical, security, painting, extermination, carpet and upholstery cleaning, window blinds and shades, signage, and parking.
- Utilize Facility Commander Security and Lenel systems.
- Perform day-to-day functions including additions and terminations.
- Provide employee access badges, identification badges, produce access reports, maintain and update security system, work alongside vendor and monitor all access points a and develops new security measures to adhere to audit compliance concerns.
- Coordinates active space management; maintains up-to-date floor plans with personnel detail; has working knowledge of floor plans and be able to react quickly and appropriately with alternatives, suggestions and solutions.
- Coordinates employee relocations complying with workplace standards.
- Implements functional rearrangements and moves ensuring coordination and planning of all support services and communicating same.
- Coordinates facility move requests with service providers.
- Executes small moves and workstation installations.
- Ensures that contractors adhere to safety/security guidelines and contract terms.
- Inspects jobs and reports problems to management.
- Coordinates, outfits and sets up conference rooms.
- Including cleaning, and adherence to maintenance standards.
- Check and maintain on a daily basis.
- Performs simple or minor repairs to the structure, as well as possessing detailed working knowledge of the systems furniture product.
- Assist in supervision of nighttime security staff.
- Ensures a comfortable, professional atmosphere, including the need to have a clean and secure office space.
- Oversee all necessary maintenance and repairs to the mechanical, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical systems in facility.
- Work with external Property Management as dictates.
- Working with assigned Fire Wardens, safety coordinator and the Facilities Team to help monitor safety and security of facility.
- Develop, maintain, and assists in managing the implementation of evacuation and disaster plans for office.
- Communicate with management and employees in emergency situations.
- Exhibit sound judgment and professional behavior in emergency situations.
- Local coordination of training, communication and quarterly meetings.
- Acts a Business Recovery lead; with responsibility for coordination and knowledge of system; act as a resource for questions and information regarding same.
- Ability to trouble-shoot any problems or systems failures and resolve them efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure ergonomic requirements are met all times.
- Perform daily facility safety checks and address issues immediately and oversee completion of task.
- Inventories specific building supplies and requisitions re-orders or equipment when necessary.
- Makes suggestions for process improvements and supports departmental implementation and goals.
- Maintains furniture standards within the confines of business requirements.
- Acts as a budgetary resource; reviews invoices; estimates time and material costs associated with various projects; prepares pricing exercises and produces bid comparisons.
- Maintains appropriate paperwork, files and tracking mechanisms.
- Assist and monitor off site moves and be available for extended multi-location site projects, possibly out of state.
- Is the primary back-up and support of all Facilities Specialists; provides back-up to enterprise facilities management team as required.
- Coordinates facility space allocation functions.
- HS Diploma or equivalent; may have several years of college or trade school.
- 4 years of previous experience in a general maintenance capacity.
- Good working knowledge of operations and procedures involving office machinery and equipment. Light maintenance, light carpentry basic electrical, and HVAC skills Background in Facilities or Trade experience required. Previous experience with facility space allocations. Ability to read floor plans and/or building schematics. General office experience required. Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively. Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.) Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer). Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required. Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Corporate Facilities Specialist
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlestown, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.