Leadership and Development Manager
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 1790
Position Title: Manager Leadership and Development
This position is responsible for managing the HR initiatives in the areas of Performance Management, Training, Organizational Development. This position will assist in the oversight of Human Resource initiatives. This role manages the leadership development and supports the organizational development needs for DQ to be an engaging, dynamic, innovative, sustainable, double bottom line organization via enriching development, in conjunction with performance management, succession, design and other disciplines within and beyond the HR division.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assist HR leadership team in planning short- and long-term HR goals and executing to achieve them, consistent with
DQ business goals.
• Manage organizational development initiatives to drive continuous learning, equity, diversity, innovation, constant improvement, performance, change management, leadership acumen and business results across DQ.
• Collaborates to design and implement programs aligned to DQ’s Operating Plan and talent management strategy with metrics and to drive engagement, development and retention of talent.
• Develop innovative, effective and timely development programs that align with OCM (change management) including leadership development curriculum and individual contributor training programs utilizing a variety of creative resources to promote, communicate and drive cultural change consistent with DQ’s mission, values & business model.
• Use industry knowledge and influence business leaders to engage in program(s) that elevates leadership acumen and decreases disruption from loss of business leadership as a foundational imperative to achieve business goals.
• Partner with Human Resources Business Partners, (HRBP), in the management of the talent review and succession processes, high potential identification, organizational design, internal communication and performance management to align with goals related to retention, talent development and overall industry leading human capital management.
• Supports exemplary execution of results from individual development planning process for executives and emerging leaders with HR Business Partners.
• Supports exemplary execution of results from individual development planning process for executives and emerging leaders with HRBP’s.
• Prepares budgetary recommendations that meet departmental goals and provide for effective management of resources.
•Lead and develop a high performing team performing similar and/or interrelated tasks and activities.
•Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent work experience required. Master’s Degree or other graduate level degree in Business Administration, Learning/Education, OD or other related field preferred.
• Five years senior level experience in human resources including organizational development work and leadership development.
• Five years minimum leading a team to exemplary results.
• Excellent organization, and written and oral communications skills.
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization and influence business partners.
• Knowledge of general computer software and human resources industry software. (Access, MS Word, Excel)
• Must be able to set priorities and multi-task between many simultaneous strategic projects and day-to-day maintenance related activities.
• Ability to sit at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
• Requires the effective use of office equipment including, but not limited to, telephone, computer, printer, and fax machine.
• Travel required
Community / Marketing Title: Leadership and Development Manager
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.