Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 1681
Position Title: Benefits Administrator
The Benefit Administrator is responsible for assisting with the administration of benefit changes, including medical, dental, life insurance, voluntary benefits and 401(k) Plan. Acts as the day to day point of contact for benefits related questions.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for benefits administration, including Health, Dental, Flexible Spending, HSA, Disability, Workers Compensation, Unemployment, Life, 401K, Tuition Reimbursement, and other ancillary programs such as parking, etc.
- Ensures compliance with mandatory benefit plan notifications and disclosures to participants.
- Work with carriers and broker to resolve benefit issues
- Provide outstanding customer service to employees by answering and resolving benefit questions and concerns
- Provide payroll all benefit related changes/enrollments on a bi-weekly and monthly basis
- Make changes to 401(k) deductions in ADP to set up loan deductions, update % contributions) biweekly
- Run and review benefit reports for eligibility, account reconciliation and benefit payments.
- Process monthly benefit vendor payments
- Prepare wire transfers for bi-weekly 401(k) contributions
- Track COBRA eligibility and provide file to COBRA administrator to ensure COBRA information is sent timely
- Work with HRIS Coordinator to ensure bi weekly benefit reports are downloaded. Ensure that files are uploaded timely with benefit vendors (Fidelity, FSA and Commuter Benefit vendor).
- Responsible for the annual 5500 filings for 401(k), Health & Welfare Plans. Ensure filings are complete and submitted timely
- Support the annual ERISA audit. Work closely with the auditors to provide reporting, audit samples, respond to questions and coordinate with Account Executive at Fidelity as needed.
- Participate in the annual open enrollment process
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3+ years benefits administration experience
- Advanced Excel, skills required
- HRIS experience (ADP Workforce preferred)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and set and manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be highly attentive to detail.
- Strong initiative with the ability to work well independently. Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, including setting priorities and adapting to changes, in a time- sensitive, deliverable driven workplace.
- Strong sense of confidentiality and discretion
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to prepare presentations, lead meetings and conduct benefit training
- Strong Microsoft Office skills: Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
- Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
- Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
- Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
- Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Benefits Administrator
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlestown, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.