Senior HR Business Partner
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 1930
Position Title: Manager, Senior HR Business Partner
The Senior HR Business Partner is both a strategic and hands-on role that will provide full cycle Human Resources support to assigned business groups. The seasoned HR individual will lead the HR business relationship and partnership for assigned business units in the areas of team performance, employee relations, organizational design, performance management, talent development, succession planning, employee engagement, compensation/payroll and legal/compliance. Partners with the Senior HR leaders to develop and implement HR strategies that enhance and support the business. Strategically partners closely with assigned leaders and employees to ensure HR programs are implemented and supported thoughtfully and in accordance DentaQuest culture.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and implement HR solutions focused on supporting business objectives by proactively working with business to understand their business and objectives and propose strategies that effectively balance employees, culture and bottom-line results.
• Partner closely with senior management in structuring and developing their respective teams to maximize performance and employee engagement. Coach managers on talent management/ how to best motivate and challenge all team members to ensure strong employee performance, engagement and accountability.
• Ensure efficient utilization of the HR Resources available to partner and support the business in real time with proactive strategic planning using metrics to measure success, analyze, and improve initiatives, processes, and programs.
• Talent acquisition: workforce planning, assessment of position vacancies, facilitate creation/grading of job descriptions, interview leadership candidates, facilitate internal compensation discussions, coordinate onboarding for new leaders.
• Partner closely with business partners to strengthen employee engagement through action planning; increasing productivity, employee engagement and retention rates.
• Oversee all employee relations including but not limited to: investigations, disciplinary action, documentation, terminations, and exit interviews.
• Provide partnership and guidance on organizational design and workforce planning.
• Offer guidance and coaching on performance goal alignment and partner with management by analyzing and measuring employee performance.
• Lead talent review and succession planning processes and execution. Work with the business to develop a plan for filling talent gaps.
• Consults with COEs on projects, initiatives, and process improvements.
• Proactively maximizes positive employee relations by building productive relationships with employees and leadership.
• Coach employees and managers in the areas of conflict resolution, internal mobility, engagement, workforce planning/staffing, and performance improvement.
• Guides managers in developing operational guidelines, programs, and practices and in positively managing employee performance. Coaches managers in performance management, inclusive of identifying performance developmental opportunities and establishing/delivering appropriate solutions and action plans. Identifies potential for risk and manages accordingly, escalating within Human Resources as needed.
• Provides feedback, recommendations and information to ensure consistent interpretation of company guidelines and compliance with federal and state legislation. Demonstrates effective balance between consistency and flexibility in developing, interpreting and communicating policies and procedures.
• Lead HR partner with all M&A activities.
• Manage up to two employees
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related degree required.
• 7 years’ experience in an exempt level HR capacity, with an emphasis on employee relations. Experience in identifying and managing complex employee relations issues.
• Previous management experience required.
• Well-developed business acumen, with understanding of the dynamics and drivers of a business.
• Keen client focus and results-orientation, developing HR strategy in support of the business goals and executing at a high level of excellence.
• Experience building consultative relationships with business partners to aid and influence decision making.
• Advanced knowledge of benefits, compensation, and organizational development.
• Comprehensive knowledge of federal and local employment law.
• Proven leadership development skills and experience with change management.
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization with the ability to influence others to move toward consensus.
• Sound situational analysis and decision making abilities.
• Speed and agility; ability to adapt quickly, remain flexible, generate creative thought-leadership and innovate
• Proven ability of operating successfully in a fast paced, high workload, environment with experience in navigating in the gray and prioritizing competing priorities.
• Ability to prioritize and organize multiple tasks with tight deadlines.
• Proven organizational and project management skills with a focus on planning, setting priorities relative to importance and urgency, managing process, and delivering results on schedule.
• Ability to present complex information in a clear and compelling manner.
• Master’s degree and/or professional certification is preferred.
• Ability to use basic office equipment and communicate via phone, computer technology, and via written and verbal channels.
• Ability to communicate in an active office environment, including moderate voice levels and interruptions, which may challenge hearing and concentration.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to travel, sometimes with little notice.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior HR Business Partner
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.