Senior Java Software Engineer
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 1339
Position Title: Sr. Java Software Engineer
Sr. Java Software engineer will Support IT Objectives by supporting business processes, systems and clients specifically with UI, middleware and system integrations related technologies and applications, carries out these responsibilities by providing information technology (IT) Solutions.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyzes and evaluates business requirements by working with clients and management. Provides recommendations on the nature, scope and complexity of solutions
- Document the functional and technical specifications and project plans for proposed solutions to business requirements of moderate to high complexity. Develops (codes), tests, documents, educates and supports subsequent software solutions
- Develops and implements project plans, including resources, tasks, time frames and deliverables for moderate to complex projects. Monitors projects and advises members on how to resolve technical problems
- Assists in training initiatives by occasionally providing direction to peers and less experienced staff. May assign work to less experienced staff and review their work
- Supports existing applications, monitors systems performance and work based on the impact to the business. May coordinate cross-functional IT departments to resolve issues
- Uses troubleshooting skills to identify, research and propose solutions to problems and accommodate necessary changes or corrective action, as needed
- Recommends standards, procedures and process improvements appropriate to own work
- May present work to team members, clients and management
- Other duties as assigned.
BS or equivalent and 7 years work experience in computer sciences or related field, or equivalent combination
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Class loading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
Experience in building SOAP and REST Web services
Experience as a Sun Certified Java Developer
Experience with test-driven development
Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability
Ability to manage multiple tasks
Excellent organization and prioritization skills
Proven progressive knowledge, responsibility and experience (XML, XSLT, XML Schema, JSON)
Effective oral and written communication skills
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Ability to work in a traditional professional office setting
- Operate personal and computer equipment
- Occasional overnight travel in most cases by air
- Work schedule determined by project schedules
- May be required to work on the page/call rotation.
Community / Marketing Title: Senior Java Software Engineer
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Boston, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.