Director, Associate General Counsel
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Remote Opportunity: 0
Requisition Number: 2015
Position Title: Director, Associate General Counsel
Director, Associate General Counsel is a member of the DentaQuest Legal Department, works collaboratively with other members of the Department and reports directly to the Associate General Counsel or the Deputy General Counsel. This position provides a broad range of legal services for DentaQuest and its affiliates (the “Company”), with a focus on supporting DentaQuest’s platform of dental and vision clinics and Care Delivery business.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Director, Associate General Counsel has direct primary responsibility for one or more of the following business areas and other activities:
• Acquisition support for a growing platform of dental clinics, including due diligence, drafting and negotiating transaction documents, and advising on legal issues relating to integration of new practices or entities
• Support the governance function for multiple corporate entities, including new entity formation and registration; drafting governing documents, resolutions and consents; overseeing corporate recordkeeping
• Track and coordinate corporate and regulatory filings, assist with exams and audits
• Advise business partners on wide variety of regulatory and compliance issues, including CMS, Medicaid, Medicare, and state healthcare and insurance law and regulations
• Advise and counsel on data privacy, HIPAA, and Information Security requirements
• Draft, review, and negotiate key contracts, which may include: employment agreements; network provider agreements; contracts with payers, managed care organizations, health plans, & government health care authorities, including CMS and Medicaid agencies
• Deploy and oversee contract management function
• Manage small and large litigations and disputes, including professional liability claims, professional licensure proceedings, employment matters, and business disputes. Coordinate with and oversee outside counsel and manage litigation budgets
• Provide legal support for real estate and facilities matters, including leases, property transactions, and dispute resolution
• Legal support for other key functions, including Marketing, Risk Management, Human Resources, IT, Operations, Audit, and Finance (garnishments, tax issues, bankruptcy, liens)
• Assist with Government Relations and legislative issues
• Support other DentaQuest business lines as requested
• Supervise and manage one or more paralegals, staff attorneys, and/or administrative staff, as requested
• Other duties as needed or required
• J.D. from an accredited United States law school
• 5 or more years of legal experience in a law firm, government, or in-house setting, with at least 1 year in the health care industry
• Able to assume a high level of individual responsibility, to manage multiple projects and responsibilities simultaneously, and to work collaboratively with both legal and non-legal colleagues
• Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
• Proficiency in MS Office, excellent legal research skills, experience with Westlaw and LexisNexis
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Required to attend additional training as requested/deemed necessary
• At least 2 years providing support to a health care clinical delivery system.
• 3 or more years of experience with health care law, in a law firm, government, or in-house setting
• Familiarity with health care regulatory environment, including privacy laws, Stark & Anti Kickback statutes, CMS compliance, regulations and processes of medical boards
• Extensive exprience drafting and negotiating a variety of contracts, including with government partners
• Incumbent must be able to communicate effectively.
• Requires overall light physical effort (up to 25lbs.)
• Manual dexterity and sitting is required in carrying out position own position responsibilities (i.e. use of personal computer).
• Ability to travel or move about within and outside serviced facilities required.
• Incumbent works primarily in either a private or shared office environment.
Community / Marketing Title: Director, Associate General Counsel
At DentaQuest, we believe that everyone should live life free of dental disease. As a purpose-driven, double bottom line company that is improving oral health for everyone, we are transforming the oral health system – from the way we provide care and pay for it, to how we talk about it and prioritize it in our policies and communities.
Meaningful change requires a revolution in oral health. We are redefining what it means to prevent disease and provide better access to care for everyone. We are going beyond the dental chair to reshape the oral health system, addressing total health and the social and cultural factors that impact it.
To make this revolution a reality, we harness our unique reach and insights to advance policy, financing, care, and the community. That means solving problems in a flexible and efficient way, testing and trialing to create new solutions and delivering measurable outcomes for the people we serve.
The people of DentaQuest have a common purpose, and we work together with passion, perseverance and focus to achieve a nation where no child suffers from the pain of tooth decay. Where adults keep all their teeth for their entire lives. Where every person has access to quality dental care.
Location_formattedLocationLong: Charlestown, Massachusetts US
CountryEEOText_Description: Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: DentaQuest is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or sexual orientation.